All children working with or engaged by Shopfront Arts Co-op have a right to feel and be safe, respected, valued and protected from harm. Children should be made aware of and feel confident in their rights and responsibilities.
Shopfront Arts Co-op is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children that interact with our organisation as employees, audience members, participants or otherwise by creating and maintaining a child safe environment. The welfare of children entrusted under our care is our first priority and we have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Parents, Caregivers and Young People with suggestions, concerns or questions about Shopfront’s Child Safe procedures can contact:
- Lauren Oakes, Associate Producer – Access & Inclusion, email@example.com
- Natalie Rose, Creative Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shopfront Arts Co-op will take all necessary steps to prevent and protect children from abuse and neglect including:
- Physical abuse: purposefully injuring or threatening to injure a child
- Emotional abuse: an attack on a child’s self-esteem e.g. through bullying, threatening, ridiculing, intimidating or isolating the child
- Sexual abuse: any sexual act or sexual threat imposed upon a child
- Neglect: harming a child by failing to provide basic physical or emotional necessities.
- Child grooming: befriending and establishing an emotional connection with a child with the objective of sexual abuse.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed
There are a lot of people struggling right now, but if you are in a position to help financially,
it could make the all the difference to Shopfront’s future.