Read on to find out more about their pitches, and click here for more ways to get involved as a Member of our co-op!
At the Members’ Pitch Night Lily proposed the following idea which she will be bringing to life in May next year! Stay tuned for more.
A campy, zombie apocalypse film, set live on stage. Explores what would happen if sexism became an illness and led to hordes of zombies roaming the streets. Told through the lens of three female best friends.
- Will explore the power dynamics and double standards often experienced in various relationships (work, familial, romantic) and how these shift depending on the gender of those involved.
- Will be filmed live on stage with the film projected in the space. Campy gore effects and fight sequences.
- Stage will be a giant kitty litter box.
- Comedic and light in presentation with feminist undertones, informed by the recent #metoo movement and the shifting millennial female experience.
At the Members’ Pitch Night Riana proposed the following idea which she will be bringing to life in August – September next year. Watch this space!
A show that explores the experience of actors from marginalised backgrounds, via a satirical theatre piece set up as a live TV interview.
- Will explore the inherent prejudices and judgements that actors from marginalised backgrounds experience as soon as their bodies are seen on stage.
- Self-reflexive work where actors alternate between playing characters and acting as themselves to unpack how the audience sees them.
- Riana has background of social & disability advocacy and would like to create the work to inspire not only social change but challenge modes of thinking within the performing arts world.
- Working with a diverse team of creatives.